Adelaide City & Shore Excursions
PICK UP TIME 9.30am
MIN 2 - MAX 6
DURATION 8 HRS
Min 2, Maximum 6 Guests – approx. 8 hours in duration.
FORMAT FOR THE DAY
Cost: Call for price +61 438 388 883
In the morning, your guide will introduce you to city of Adelaide, surrounded by parklands with a blend of historic buildings, wide streets, cafés and restaurants. Drive past Adelaide’s cultural precinct – North Terrace, other sites we will encounter on the way is The National Wine Centre, passengers will have free time to explore the iconic building with the opportunity to purchase morning tea at the café or taste wine from the extensive Australian collection. Adelaide Botanic Gardens and the beautiful Botanic Park, home to the Bicentennial Conservatory and the Adelaide Zoo. Continue through to historic North Adelaide. Stop and visit the iconic St Peters Cathedral and the newly developed Adelaide Oval. Our next stop is Haigh’s Chocolates for tastings of this famous South Australian icon.
Your afternoon Tour commences with a scenic drive to Mount Lofty Summit (710 metres above sea level) and is the highest point in the southern Mount Lofty Ranges. Take in the spectacular views of the city and the coastline, a perfect photo opportunity. Visit Bridgewater Mill historic old Water driven flour mill, known as the ‘Old Rumbler’ before arriving at Hahndorf, allowing time for a snack or for a taste of traditional German beer in Adelaide’s oldest German settlement. Spend the afternoon exploring the main street, and check out the local arts and crafts.
- Adelaide’s Cultural Boulevard of North Terrace – University, Library, Art Gallery & Museum.
- The National Wine Centre.
- Adelaide’s stunning Botanic Gardens, Bicentennial Conservatory, Adelaide Zoo.
- Colonel Light’s Lookout on Montefiore Hill, spectacular views over Adelaide.
- St Peter’s Cathedral, a landmark of Adelaide.
- Newly developed Adelaide Oval,its historic and cultural presence remains today.
- River Torrens with its garden banks.
- Haigh’s Chocolates (Haigh’s not available on Sunday & Public Holidays).
- Mount Lofty Summit Lookout.
- Bridgewater Mill.
- German village of Hahndorf.
- Expert commentary by a local driver/guide.
- Pick up and return from Adelaide, Adelaide Airport and the Port of Adelaide or the region of your location.
*Itinerary is subject to change without notice (Lunch is not included).
Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide Hotels and the Port of Adelaide
Haigh’s Chocolates factory tour & tastings does not operate on Sundays and SA Public Holidays therefore the itinerary will be changed on these dates.
FUN…ENTERTAINING…EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME!
“From the Meet and Greet where David asked us about the wines we normally drink, to the scenic tour and the divine wines we tried, it was the best day of our entire holiday. David is a wonderful and fun character that went out of his way to make sure we were enjoying both the wines but also the entire experience. Have recommended him to friends and will tour with him again when we come back to Adelaide. Thanks Mate!”Jeff & Liz Davenport
A fantastic private wine tour run by David. I can’t rave enough about David and he’s ‘magic van’ what we called his very well equipped van and the tour. David listened to what we wanted to do and drink and tailored the day around us. Lunch was included in the bill. We couldn’t believe how quickly the day went and were really happy with the vineyards we visited. David was knowledgeable and fun!”Tracey & Glenn Trelaoar